Where to look for housing when moving from Massachusetts to Idaho
Best moving destinations - September 12, 2022
You have lived in Massachusetts your whole life but are ready to add something new by relocating to a new place. America is huge, and 50 states can be your new home. You have given this decision a lot of thought and decided to make Idaho your new home. Now you have to pick a city in Idaho and get there. Pro Boston Movers will tell you where to look for housing when moving from Massachusetts to Idaho.
Things to know before moving from Massachusetts to Idaho
We should quickly give you some information about Idaho to prepare you for your new life.
- Firstly, since you are relocating to Idaho and looking for a house, you should know that around 70% of people in Idaho are homeowners.
- But when you buy a home, you want to feel safe in Idaho because property crime rates are lower than the national average. In addition, violent crime rates are also below the US average.
- Third, you should get ready for harsh weather in Idaho. Winter or summer, the temperatures are brutal.
- Fourth, your lifestyle will change in Idaho because people love going outside. Camping, rafting, fishing, you name it, you can do it in Idaho.
- The state is full of natural resources, and agriculture is very developed. Because of these two industries, you will not struggle to find a job before moving from Massachusetts to Idaho. In addition, you will not spend so much time driving to work because the commuting time in Idaho is below the US average.
- Finally, the cost of living in Idaho is below the national average. But you should know since you are looking for housing, that homes cost more than the national average. The median home cost in Idaho is around 398,900 dollars.
With the information above, you are better prepared to relocate to Idaho. If you want to reach Idaho fast, look for a relocation company to help you. We can recommend peasleyboisemovers.com – give them a look and see if they can assist you.
Consider Sun Valley before making a move from Massachusetts to Idaho
The first place we will recommend is Sun Valley. Sun Valley is a small town 1800 meters above sea level. It is a friendly and small community with 1400 residents. Why should you consider this small mountain town for your new home?
Sun Valley is one of the most popular vacation locations in Idaho – imagine living in a vacation place. Even though it is a small place, there are plenty of activities all year. The number one way you will spend your time in Sun Valley is when you have free time for outdoor activities. There is mountain biking, skiing, and fishing.
But the fun does not stop there. There are many cultural areas and events. You can listen to live music and watch the theater at the Argyros Performing Arts Center. There once a year you can watch amazing indie films at the Sun Valley Film Festival and listen to music at the Sun Valley Music Festival.
In this small village, you will feel safe because violent crimes and property crimes are below average. You might even get to see some celebrities that own homes there.
The one downside of Sun Valley is the high cost of living because of the high prices of homes. It will cost you around 870,000 dollars to buy a home in Sun Valley, but with the location, privacy, and activities, it is worth it. So if you think you can afford to come and buy a home in Sun Valley, consider modernizing your new place after you move in.
Consider Star before moving from Massachusetts to Idaho
The second city you pick for your new home is Star. Star is another small city with only 9,800 residents in Ada County. It is 50% less expensive than Sun Valley if you can not afford to live there. The cost of living in Star is 115 than the state average. The median home cost in Star is around 560,000 dollars. Now that you know how much homes cost in Star, let’s see what this town can offer you.
Star will offer you all the amenities of the big city with small-town peace. You are only 17 miles away from Boise, which can offer all the possibilities in the world. In Star, you will spend time with your neighbors. When you start a family, you do not have to worry about safety because of the low crime rate. If you want to get the benefits of Star, nearby pros can assist with moving into your new home. With their local knowledge of Star and the Boise area, they will get you there problem free.
Quick moving tips
To make your move more comfortable, here are the things you can do:
- First, organize your time, you can create a timeline of everything you need to do before the move;
- Second, shop for moving companies that have experience moving to Idaho, especially if you are moving for the first time. Compare prices and try and get all the moving services that you need;
- Third, make money when moving by selling the items you do not plan to bring to Idaho. We recommend organizing a garage sale in Massachusetts. For the stuff that does not sell, bring them with you to Idaho and put them on the Internet.
We told you about Idaho to prepare you for your relocation. Given your recommendation for housing when moving from Massachusetts to Idaho. Finally, give you some relocation tips to make the whole process easier. You are now ready to begin your move to Idaho and say goodbye to Massachusetts.